Receding gums, also known as periodontal disease, is one of the most common dental problems in the country, yet most Americans know little about the disease itself. To help anyone looking for real information, we have put together the following answers to the top 10 most frequently asked questions about receding gums gum disease and how to treat receding gums naturally.
How Common Is Gum Disease?
It is more common than you think. Millions of people develop gum disease and their lifetime, many of them unaware of it until it is too late. The older you are, the more likely you are to develop gum disease; about half of adults over the age of 55 have periodontal disease.
What Are Some Causes Of Periodontal Disease?
There are several causes. Common causes of gum disease include smoking, not often brushing, crooked teeth, or unkempt fillings. However, diabetics also have an increased chance of gum disease, as well as pregnant women or those using contraceptives, and those using some types of drugs such as steroids or cancer treatment drugs.
Is Receding Gums Preventable?
It certainly is. The best way to avoid getting a periodontal disease is to brush at least twice a day, and floss at least once every day as well. Some other things you can do to lower your risk of gum disease would be to visit your dentist regularly and limit your intake of sugary foods and beverages.
Will Changing My Diet Help My Chances?
Changing your diet can increase chances of prevention. An unbalanced diet can cause several health problems, gum disease being one of the. Changing your diet to a healthy balance of the food pyramid, with plenty of fruits, vegetables, and a healthy amount of dairy will help keep your teeth and gums strong.
Are All Warning Signs Of Receding Gums Obvious?
Not all warnings signs are obvious. Receding gums sounds serious, so usually, people assume that if they had it, they would certainly know. However, until it gets to a dangerous point gum disease can be relatively painless, and in some instances unnoticeable.
What Are Some Common Warning Signs?
Several of the warning signs of receding gums gum disease could just as easily be confused with other dental problems. Some of the more common signs are swollen or bleeding gums, loose teeth, or a change in the way your teeth place when you bite down. More severe signs include bad breath or taste in your mouth, or gums separating from teeth, creating pockets.
Is This Disease Contagious?
Gum disease can be passed on. Some research has shown that family members or partners of those with gum disease are more likely to develop it as well. This information could show that some such diseases can be passed through saliva, and special care should be taken as such.
What Is The Most Advanced Stage Of Gum Periodontal Disease?
Advanced gum disease has a name. If your gum disease advances to a severe stage, it will eventually become periodontitis. In this stage, teeth may become unstable, bone is destroyed, and the only treatment for some of your teeth may be removal by a Periodontist.
What Is A Periodontist?
Periodontists specialize in treatments. If you are fearful that you may have gum disease, or already do and are hoping to prevent further damage, you will want to make an appointment with a Periodontist. During the first appointment, they will perform a periodontal exam on your teeth to determine the damage, if any.
What Are Some Reasons I Should See A Periodontist?
Even if you show no signs of gum disease, you may have another important reason to have a periodontal exam. For example, if a member of your family has gum disease, you may want to have an exam yourself to determine whether you do as well. Some women hoping to become pregnant also receive the exam before having a child, as pregnant women with periodontal disease are seven times more likely to give birth to a premature child. Diabetes, heart disease, respiratory disease, and osteoporosis patients should also receive periodontal exams now and then.
Treat Receding Gums Naturally
Try lemon juice as a potential remedy for receding gums. Squeeze the juice of a whole lemon into a glass filled with warm water. Rinse your mouth with this solution for several minutes about two or three times a day.
Floss regularly. If you do not floss your teeth after eating, some food remains trapped between your teeth and will produce gingivitis, a dental condition that causes swelling and bleeding of the gums.
Vitamins And Minerals
Take a daily vitamin supplement. Receding gums may be the result of a lack of vitamin C, foliate, or iron. Look for a multivitamin supplement that contains these essential vitamins and minerals.
- Massage your gums. Another remedy for receding gums is to massage them gently with cotton or a digital rubber massager. Perform the massage for at least five minutes each day to improve blood flow in the area.
- Choose a homeopathic remedy. Get propolis extract in a herbalist and apply a complete eyedropper to the inside of your mouth. Keep the substance in your mouth for at least one minute before rinsing with water.
- Another effective route can be by making a paste with salt and crushed Apply it gently in the affected areas, and you will get the inflammation to be reduced.
- The clove is advisable to assist in these issues. There are two ways: either directly rub the gums with their oil or chew for a while a piece of You may feel a burning sensation, but the effects are very beneficial.
- In the same way, Aloe can be used. Make friction with your pulp, then gargle with water and repeat the process more than once.
- One method that allows you to neutralize oral acidity and at the same time reduce inflammation is to use a mixture of water with baking Apply with your fingers on the affected area.
- The mouthwashes having chamomile, sage or mint oil have also proven to be very effective in this discomfort. Use them very often.
- Use, like mouthwash, each morning and each night a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water and even take a glass of the same mixture with each meal.
- Mix the same parts of sodium bicarbonate and hydrogen peroxide and then swish (without swallowing) with this preparation. Bicarbonate cleanses and helps keep gums inflamed.
Pour a handful of sage leaves into a cup of boiling water. Cover and let cool. Make gargles or swallows with this infusion. The antiseptic and fungicidal effect of salvia will relieve the gums with gingivitis and, in addition, will maintain the cleaning of the teeth.
Massage with Naturessmile Gum Balm
Regular massage your gum with Naturessmile gum balm gum massage activates blood flow and metabolism in the damaged tissues and stimulates the healing process. NS Gum Balm has natural herbs such as Oak, Silver Fir, Chamomile, Yarrow, Greater Celandine, and Nettle. All these ingredients work together to regrow the lost gum tissue Use Naturessmile gum balm for receding gums and you will get the inflammation to be reduced. Nature’s Smile is world best natural treatment method for receding gums.